02/09/2012

Railway lunch

Husbano and I cam across this railway carriage cafe next to a farm shop. It was such a surprise to come across it and we just made it in time for the last two plates of food so we had the place to ourselves.
As a little girl, one of my dreams was to live in a railway carriage with a pet grey owl...many years before Harry Potter!
Husbano always laughs at the fact that I love living in tiny spaces, from vans, to sheds, to cabins in the woods.
All of the window frames were made out of wood with tiny marks where the blinds would have been drawn. I liked to imagine elegant ladies taking their tea and crumpets while the train crossed the country to the coast.
I found this sign on the phone box by the railway carriage. It made me laugh! It seems that the old phone boxes really are disappearing. 

No comments: